J.R. Holzmacher P.E., LLC engineering is seeking a mid level Project Engineer to join our in Ronkonkoma, NY office.
This position provides excellent growth opportunity for professionals to work with a team of engineers on a variety of projects in the public and private sectors.
- Planning, design and development of building structures and facilities.
- Experienced with computer design software such as AUTOCAD, Revit and RAM, etc.
- Responsible for preparing calculations, charts and graphs, and monitoring work for compliance with applicable codes, and accepted engineering practices for low to mid rise buildings, concrete structures, etc.
- Providing judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Development of construction drawings and design specifications for bid.
- Coordination with other engineering and architecture disciplines during planning, design and construction administration phases of projects.
- Inspection and analysis of existing structures.
- Preparation of client letters and reports.
- Budget tracking.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Structural Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- EIT required / PE preferred.
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD, Revit, RAM preferred.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Motivated and driven self-starter!
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA,, 401(k) with JRH contributions, annual bonus, and professional development program.
ed and driven self-starter!
Job Type: Full-time