J.R. Holzmacher P.E., LLC a multidiscipline engineering and environmental consulting firm, in Ronkonkoma, NY seeks a Designer/CADD Operator/Staff Engineer. This position is a mid-level position for candidates with five years or more of relevant work experience.
This position provides excellent growth opportunities for professionals to work with a team of engineers & architects on a variety of projects in the municipal and private sectors.
Job Responsibilities all under direction from a Project Manager/Engineer
- Planning, design, and development of building structures, facilities and site layouts
- Experienced with computer software such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- Assist with preparing calculations, charts, graphs, and monitoring work for compliance to applicable codes
- Assist in development of construction drawings and design specifications for bid.
- Assist in-field inspections, investigation, and/or surveys of structures, taking measurements and documenting existing conditions, both for existing structures and new construction, and assisting with a variety of other structures and locations.
- Implement company graphic standards and mentor entry-level staff.
Education and Qualifications
- High school graduate; completion of trade school or equivalent formal training. Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline a plus.
- Working experience with the latest AutoCAD and/or Revit software
- Field sketching skills for architectural, civil, structural and renovation projects
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving history
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
- Availability to work overtime to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work in the field and to travel depending on job assignment and workload
- Experience with AutoCAD REVIT Structure a plus
The firm offers comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401 (k) plan with matching contributions, vacation, sick, and holiday time off.